Construction is a booming industry in Australia and skilled workers can apply for visas in General Skilled Migration (subclass 189, 190, 491) or in the Employer Sponsored program (subclass 482, 186, 494), depending on the occupation.

Trades licensing

Builders and some trades workers in Australia are required by law to be licensed to conduct related building work. These include a wide range from residential constructions like alterations, repairs and renovations to more specialist work such as plumbing, gas-fitting, electrical, refrigeration and air-conditioning work. Licensing is also a requirement for Employer Sponsored Visas and your visa may be refused or cancelled if you do not have the proper licence.

Migration World can assist you in obtaining your Trades’ Licences within each Australian State and Territory, as the legal body is officially a state government authority and they may differ in each state.  Following the correct process can save you time and consequently money and you can have access to higher levels of employment.

Frequently Asked Questions

What type of trades licensing procedure Migration World can help with?

We deal with electrical and plumbing licences. The procedures are quite complex and, in some cases, require up to one year to be finalised. We suggest you should contact us before starting to work in these trades, to make sure you are not breaching the law or the conditions of your visa.