School enrolment for students’ dependants

When you apply for a student visa and include your under-age children, you have the obligation to enrol them in a school in order to continue their education and, to avoid delays, the process should be done before you apply for your student visa. Depending on what Australian State or Territory you will be heading, the procedure may differ. Sometimes you are required to look first for a school and then enrol the child, sometimes you have to first contact the Department of Education and then choose the school for your children. 

We provide assistance for the whole process of enrolment, however  it will be up to you to choose the most suitable school for your children, considering that if you decide to enrol them in a public school, you will be limited to the offer in your residential address vicinity.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enrol my children in school?

There are different procedures depending on your visa, in some cases you are required to go through the Department of Education first. If you are a parent on a student visa, it is an obligation to enrol your children (from 5 to 18 years old).