Deciding Whether or Not to Move to Oz? A Working Holiday Visa May Help

working-holiday-visa-in-australiaOne of the favourite picks when it comes to places to move to from different parts of the world is the magnificent home of the kangaroo, koala, wallaby, platypus, and the people with the most adorable accent: Australia. It has long held the fascination of the international community, and the more that’s learned about this country, the more folks pack up and decide to permanently move here.

Moving to Australia is one major decision that needs to be carefully thought through, however. No matter how much you think it’s the spiritual home the heavens have assigned to you, you might get overwhelmed by how different the culture and lifestyle here could be. So, how about giving it a test run? You can come as a tourist or you can head on here for a working holiday.

For the working holiday experience, you will require visa 417; this is granted to applicants from any of the 25 eligible countries in the program. This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in the country for up to a year. Six months to a year is usually long enough for a young person trying to decide if Australia truly is the place to live for good or just a country to frequently visit.

There are strict guidelines or requirements in applying for the Working Holiday visa subclass 417. First things first: You must be 18 to 30 years of age, you must not have a dependent child accompanying you during your working holiday in the country, and you must possess a passport from any of the 25 eligible countries. For the first Working Holiday visa, you must be outside Australia when you apply for it and when the visa is decided. As for the second one that you apply for while within Australia, you must be in the country when the visa is granted. But if you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

The aforementioned requirements are easy enough to fulfil. Here’s a common pickle: working in Oz with a certain employer. You can generally only work six months with one employer. Should you wish to work and stay longer in the country, you will need to acquire the permission of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for an extended visit. This can be a pretty gnarly process, so turning to a migration agent who has in-depth knowledge and understanding of visa requirements and policies can definitely help sort out the complexities of the Working Holiday visa.

So, keen on giving Oz a six-month or year-long test run to determine if moving to Australia will be the best thing for you? The Working Holiday visa will provide you this opportunity to be enlightened. If you’re not from any of the eligible countries for the visa 417 and you need help deciding which visa is appropriate, you may contact our registered Migration Agents who can assist you with the various visa processes and other concerns.

book a consultation with one of our registered migration agents or call us +61-2-9188 9616. to find the best solutions to your working holiday visa.

Deciding Whether or Not to Move to Oz? A Working Holiday Visa May Help was last modified: December 10th, 2016 by Migration World