Parent visas enable local residents in Australia to apply for the reunification of parents living abroad

The child:

  • must be settled in Australia as an Australian citizen or permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • must be able to support the parent financially and must provide Assurance of Support.

The parent:

  • must have more children in Australia than in any other country
  • must be free of medical conditions and criminal convictions

There are different categories of Parent visas, depending on the Government visa fees and the processing times, and it is generally a permanent visa or a provisional visa leading to permanent residence:

  • Parent Visa (subclass 103)
  • Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 173)
  • Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143)
  • Aged Parent Visa (subclass 804)
  • Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 884)
  • Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864)
parent-visa was last modified: June 21st, 2018 by Migration World