Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) 187 Visa
- The applicant must have worked on a 457 visa in the same occupation for two years in Australia with the same employer who is sponsoring for the RSMS;
- The applicant must also have vocational English, unless higher if required for licensing or registration purpose (some exemptions apply).
- The applicant must have an appropriate qualification or work experience (for overseas trades qualifications a skill assessment is required) (some exceptions apply)
- The applicant must also have competent English, unless higher if required for licensing or registration purpose (some exemptions apply).
- The business has a personalised agreement with the Government in order to set the requirements for the application.
What's 187 Visa?
It is a permanent residence visa for you and your family members, if you are sponsored by an employer, who is located in a regional area. The condition on this visa is that you commit to work with the sponsor for two years or the visa may be cancelled.
This visa process has three stages, these steps have to be done in specific times and with specific forms and documents:
1. Regional application
Depending on the location, the appropriate regional migration authority must assess the employment proposal and approve it.
2. Nomination application
The business must be legally registered and lawfully and actively operating and the sponsor is required to lodge an application for a position that needs to be filled. The occupation must be on the regional immigration list, the position must be genuine and paid according to the national market rate.
3. Visa application
The prospective visa applicant must lodge an application for a subclass 187 visa. The occupation must match the position proposed and the applicant must show to have the skills to perform the duties. The applicant must also sit an English test and be under 50 years old, only few exceptions apply. You must also be free from medical conditions and criminal convictions.
We can help you to arrange a skill assessment or any licensing required for your visa